搜尋此網誌

2012年7月1日 星期日

To Save My Relationship - A Universal Reality And My Health


What Is The Most Meaningful And Vital Thing In Life?

When I really think about it, there can only be one answer: my friends, my family, in a word, relationship. Babies die when they are not touched. Depression badgers the elderly who rarely get human contact. The essence of life itself exists in the matrix of relationship. This is pretty heavy stuff. It would seem that my health is connected to relationship, indeed, to save my relationship is to save my life.

Why Are Relationships So Crucial For Life?

Although this may be a hard question to answer specifically, the broad answer has to be that it is because the universe is a relational realm. If I and the entire world around me underscore the importance of relationship-from the give and take of human love to the cycles of the planets to the ebb and flow of the waves on the beach-then the question begs: am I and all I see an anomaly? And the logical answer has to be no.

It would seem that I live in a relational universe. My origin is more personal than primeval ooze. And the universal power is closer than a distant, formless life force that I can never know.

What Does This Mean For Me?

It means to be healthy in life-to mirror the workings of ultimate reality-I need to attach more importance than I often do to my relationships. My relationships are my life, whether they are my relationship with the world around me, my relationship with my brother, or my relationship with the god of the cosmos. To save my relationship is to save my health and my life.

How Do I Do This?

If the universe is relational and those bonds are the stuff of life, then to live I must pay attention. So the best way to improve my relationship is first to be mindful of it. Just like with exercise and eating better, this focus alone will help me to move in the right direction. I will slowly become less self-centered and learn to reach out just by making it a priority in my thinking.

As I save my relationship by giving it more value, I will be happier and have better health. One by one, as I breathe life into each relationship, my joy and health will compounded like interest in a bank account and my life will take a turn for the better as I come into sync with the universe.




Healing therapies have been the author's long-time passion. Sickness is not our legacy. The most powerful healing is simple and affordable. Brent lives near Portland, Oregon and is a massage therapist that enjoys writing and outdoor sports.




沒有留言:

張貼留言